In the nonstop blur of podcasting advice, Blubrry longtime podcasters have recommend the top 5 directories to submit your podcast to. Each directory serves it’s own purpose and some are more valuable than others. The changes never stop in podcasting and Todd and Mike discuss a new conference, a B2B purchase, and the consistent concerns with Apple’s directory.
Welcome to Your Podcast, THE official Blubrry podcast!
Thanks for listening to the show and please subscribe at PowerPressPodcast.com.
We love our PowerPress users, please leave us a review 😀
- The Sound Education conference is almost here! This first time event will be held, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at Harvard University. MacKenzie will be in attendance and on a panel about monetization.
- E.W. Scripps is purchasing Triton Digital for $150 million. See what this means for both companies.
- Be sure to check back on PowerPressPodcast.com from time to time. We have some very interesting blog posts over there. Like this one: Repurposing Podcast Content.
- Top 5 places to make sure your podcast is listed (in order of importance)
1. Apple Podcasts – Yes, still #1.
2. Google Podcasts – Because, come on, it’s Google.
3. TuneIn Radio – Gets you on Alexa, Google Home, Cortana and whatever that Facebook thing is.
4. Stitcher – A significant number of people continue to use this platform.
5. Spotify – Yes, we still think it deserves to be last.
Other places are: Blubrry directory and iHeartRadio (if you can get in). Apply here.
Most iOS and Android Podcast apps use Apple’s API so if you are in Apple, you’ll be in most apps.
- Changing the title of your show in PowerPress: With Apple’s silliness going on concerning Titles and Author tags, we get a lot of people wanting to change their titles. The setting is called “Feed Title” and it’s in the Feeds tab of PowerPress settings.
- When you cancel your hosting account (At Blubrry and everywhere else), your files will go offline.
- Yes, it’s true! More than one podcast needs more than one hosting account at Blubrry.
- Advice to podcast owners: IF you have a team taking care of your podcast for you, make sure you retain the logins and passwords to EVERYTHING. Apple Podcasts Connect, Feedburner (if you use it), your media host, WordPress site, your web-host. Everything. Even if you never log in, have that info and make sure it works every once in a while. It can save you a TON of trouble later.
Happy Halloween! 🎃 👻
To ask questions or to comment on the show, you can contact Todd or Mike here: firstname.lastname@example.org