Pocket Casts, one of the most popular podcast listening apps, has recently been acquired by a few prominent podcasting community members. RAD, better understood as podcast pingbacks, will have some affects on podcasting. In a day and age when everyone can make their voice known, Blubrry will draw the line at some instances; stick around to learn hate speech vs. violence on a podcast. There are many podcast directories out there, and listing your show in the Blubrry directory is one that podcasters should not miss out on.
Thanks for listening to the show and please subscribe at PowerPressPodcast.com.
We love our PowerPress users, please leave us a review.
- Pocket Casts, based in Australia was recently acquired by NPR, WNYC Studios, WBEZ Chicago, and This American Life. They’ve promised no big changes are coming soon.
- Hate speech vs. violence in a podcast. Where does Blubrry draw the line?
- RAD or Podcast Pingback: There will be some resistance to adding RAD to apps and directories. It’s unlikely at this moment that Apple will implement it to its platform. They are not the only ones that will be hesitant to add the new statistics initiative as we expect some apps will hold back.
- Yearly board meeting is quickly coming up at the Blubrry headquarters in Columbus.
- When you move from Blubrry, there is no need to delete your account and listing. Just cancel your subscription/payment plan (after you migrate) and change your feed address in the blubrry.com directory to your new service’s RSS feed and continue to be part of the largest podcast directory in the world. In fact, if you stay on our directory, you can use our free stats and we may be able to find an advertiser for you so you can make some money.
- The Blubrry directory will NOT hurt your Google search rankings or take any revenue from your podcast.
To ask questions or to comment on the show, contact Todd and Mike here: email@example.com.
Podcast (yp): Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | | More
Please follow and like us:
Did you know that Blubrry directory includes 350,000 podcasts? Chances are your podcast has been included in this directory and you didn’t even know. But even if your podcast is listed, there are good reasons to take an extra few steps to claim your podcast in the Blubrry directory.
Here are five:
- More exposure. When you claim your podcast in our directory, we’ll feature your show when potential listeners search or browse our categories.
- Free resources. From a created-for-you audience survey to free basic statistics, you’ll have access to tools that can make your podcast better and grow your audience.
- Monetization opportunities. You may be invited to participate in paid advertising campaigns.
- Increased brand awareness. Claimed show listings contain the following at a minimum: your show name, iTunes artwork, show summary, link to your website, RSS feed, iTunes link, host name, and location if embedded in your feed.
- Advanced social tools. We just released a cool new feature: if you tweet an episode directly from Blubrry’s directory, a customized image and audio card will show up in your tweet! Better yet, if the podcast is hosted with us, the tweet will include our new player embedded right in the tweet.
This is just the beginning: there are many more incredible social features and tools soon to come. So what are you waiting for? Here’s how to claim your podcast in the Blubrry directory:
- Go to the Blubrry home page and search for your podcast in the upper left side of the window.
- If you don’t see your podcast listed, go back to the home page and enter it in the field under “Add” on the upper right.
- If you do find your podcast, click it.
Underneath the cover art, you’ll see the words “More info.” Click that, and look below the description that pops up. If you see the words “Claim this podcast,” it means your show is NOT claimed in the directory! Click the link and follow the directions, and you’re on your way to claiming the great benefits listed above! Get started now.
Please follow and like us: