Love, Friendship, and Podcasting
According to Maslow’s Hierarchy of needs, one of our most basic desires–after physiological (food, shelter, etc) and safety– is for love and belonging. To feel connected to another person, to be accepted by social groups. So, seeing as how Valentine’s Day is only a few days away, we thought we’d take a break from nerding out over podcast stats data and highlight some interesting podcasts about love, belonging, and friendship. In no particular order, here are a handful of love and friendship podcasts that might be worth a listen.
- The Art of Relationships Podcast, Signs of a Healthy Relationship. “Friendships come and go, but what are the signs of a long-lasting, healthy friendship? Dr. Chris Grace and Dr. Tim Muehlhoff discuss the signs of a healthy friendship.”
- This Is Love. “The creators of the popular podcast, Criminal, surprised everyone when they turned their attention to an investigation of a very different kind. This is Love explores perseverance, obsession, and what happens when we risk betting it all.”
- Call Your Girlfriend, Friendship Dilemmas. Self-described BFFs, Amina and Ann, host this long-running podcast covering the gamut of all things friendship. In this episode, they highlight some audience questions about friendships: “friendships where privilege gets in the way. Friendships where one of you has moved on and doesn’t know how to talk about it. Friendships that are post-breakup. Friendships where fat shaming comes into play.”
- Love is Like a Plant, The Valentine’s Day Episode. In this episode, Elle and Sarah talk about Valentine’s Day, why it’s a charged holiday and how to enjoy it even if you’re not one part of a couple.
- So This Is Love. This. Is. Adorable. What if you could read someone’s journal about falling in love? Ok, that’d be a little awkward. But, what if they made a podcast about it? In this podcast, husband and wife, Aaron and Leslie, decided to invest in their relationship by hosting a podcast together and highlight entries from Leslie’s journals going all the way back to when they first started dating.
Here’s to you, dear reader, from all of us at Blubrry. We love you and appreciate the opportunity to help you share your stories with the world with our podcast stats, podcast hosting, and PowerPress WordPress podcasting plugin and podcasting websites.