We’re getting closer and closer to holiday season and some might be surprised to hear it effects podcasting. Apple recently released it’s holiday schedule, so those of you looking to start a new show, make a change, etc. please take note of the days they’ll be off and when things will be slower in general. Remember, poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on theirs. Everyone deserves a break for the holidays. On the other side of things, Google Podcasts has added a share button to their app. Blubrry is moving some RSS feeds – if you’re effected you received an email about it, so no worries for anyone. We’ve also been working hard on our IAB statistics certification, among other things happening here at Blubrry.
Welcome to Your Podcast, THE official Blubrry podcast!
Thanks for listening to the show and please subscribe at PowerPressPodcast.com.
We love our PowerPress users, please leave us a review 😀
A belated Happy Veterans day! Thanks to all that have served!
- Google Podcasts has added a Share button on their app: Helping with growing audiences.
- Google Podcasts Link Generator: Create a link specifically for your show on Google Podcasts that you can share with listeners, social media, website, etc.
- Apple Podcasts Holiday Schedule, see the details below.
Holiday Submission Schedule
If you plan to release new shows on Apple Podcasts in November or December, be aware of the following periods of delayed submission activity:
– November 16, 2018, to November 26, 2018
– December 21, 2018, to January 2, 2019
Shows submitted during these windows may not be available within our regular time frame of five business days. Plan accordingly and submit any new shows with this in mind.
- RSS feed move for Blubrry.COM based feeds (not PowerPress feeds). If you’re using WordPress you don’t need to worry about this at all. For those effected, you don’t have to do anything.
- IAB Stats certification for Blubrry: An update for you on our progress.
- Spotify: Important stuff for you to be able to have your show in Spotify.
- Feed title
- Apple Category
- Please give us as much info as you can when you contact support. It saves a lot of back and forth.
- We have noticed the level of rudeness when asking for help is on the increase. Just remember, we didn’t do anything to your podcast. This stuff can be confusing and we are happy to help, but being rude is, well just rude, and as much as we try, we are human. If someone is rude to us in support, it’s really hard not to be rude back. Bottom Line: There are humans behind all this online stuff. Cut us some slack!
To ask questions or to comment on the show, you can contact Todd or Mike here: firstname.lastname@example.org