The Federal Communications Commissions, better known as the FCC, has officially joined podcaster ranks with their own show, entitled More than Seven Dirty Words. A play on their role in communications, it focuses on the organization as a whole. Shawn Thorpe joined Mike on the episode today as Todd was out on travel. They discuss a new podcast event happening in Atlanta and podcast listener demographics.
Thanks for listening to the show and please subscribe at PowerPressPodcast.com.
We love our PowerPress users, please leave us a review.
- They regulate TV, radio, cable and wire and satellite communications and now they have a podcast. The FCC just released an episode of their show, More Than Seven Dirty Words.
- A Pod Connection: Podcasting conference happening in Atlanta Oct 5 – 7th.
- No surprise here, Millennials and Gen Xer’s top the charts in podcasting listening. Check out the data from NextRadio.
- Just who is Shawn Thorpe and how long has he been involved with Blubrry?
- Moving your podcast: When you are running your podcast from a website, do not change the domain until you have redirected to the new website/domain. Rebranding needs to be done in a particular order to work correctly and to not lose subscribers/listeners. Follow the steps below.
- Set up your new domain/website.
- Import podcast to your new site.
- Check PowerPress settings.
- Copy/Paste all settings from Destinations (that you’re able to).
- Redirect old RSS feed to new RSS (no not do a whole site redirect yet).
- Put your new RSS feed address in the “iTunes New Feed URL” tag or setting on both the new and the old RSS feeds.
- Wait 30 days, perform site redirect then.
***Post new content only on the new site.
- Spotify: If your Spotify link doesn’t work, please check with us first (if you are hosting with us) and we will check it. If we find nothing wrong, you will have to contact @spotifycares on Twitter (it’s their only support for podcasters). Check with us first, before heading over to social media.
- For those using Generator: (Blubrry.com RSS feeds) Do not put ANYTHING in the Alternative Feed URL box. That will cause a loop that will duplicate every episode over and over and over in the feed (which is really annoying to clean out).
- Import Podcast from within PowerPress: This is NOT a workflow. It’s meant to be a one-time only use to move a feed to WordPress from any other feed.
To ask questions or to comment on the show, you can contact Todd and Mike here: email@example.com.