Pocket Casts, one of the most popular podcast listening apps, has recently been acquired by a few prominent podcasting community members. RAD, better understood as podcast pingbacks, will have some affects on podcasting. In a day and age when everyone can make their voice known, Blubrry will draw the line at some instances; stick around to learn hate speech vs. violence on a podcast. There are many podcast directories out there, and listing your show in the Blubrry directory is one that podcasters should not miss out on.
Thanks for listening to the show and please subscribe at PowerPressPodcast.com.
We love our PowerPress users, please leave us a review.
- Pocket Casts, based in Australia was recently acquired by NPR, WNYC Studios, WBEZ Chicago, and This American Life. They’ve promised no big changes are coming soon.
- Hate speech vs. violence in a podcast. Where does Blubrry draw the line?
- RAD or Podcast Pingback: There will be some resistance to adding RAD to apps and directories. It’s unlikely at this moment that Apple will implement it to its platform. They are not the only ones that will be hesitant to add the new statistics initiative as we expect some apps will hold back.
- Yearly board meeting is quickly coming up at the Blubrry headquarters in Columbus.
- When you move from Blubrry, there is no need to delete your account and listing. Just cancel your subscription/payment plan (after you migrate) and change your feed address in the blubrry.com directory to your new service’s RSS feed and continue to be part of the largest podcast directory in the world. In fact, if you stay on our directory, you can use our free stats and we may be able to find an advertiser for you so you can make some money.
- The Blubrry directory will NOT hurt your Google search rankings or take any revenue from your podcast.
To ask questions or to comment on the show, contact Todd and Mike here: email@example.com.