Blubrry Statistics just got better, with the introduction of regional reporting for Canada, UK, and Brazil. Learn more about the podcast stats update with the article below and details on new clients being reported. No money, in podcasting? Think again, as Australia has created a 1 million dollar content. PodCon is approaching rapidly, and Blubrry is excited to head to Seattle to meet all kinds of podcast listeners and creators. Lastly, podcasting comes in many shapes and forms, but not all are considered podcasting by the actual formats being used.
Thanks for tuning in to episode 19 of Your Podcast with Todd Cochrane and Mike Dell.
Thanks for listening to the show and please subscribe at PowerPressPodcast.com.
We love our PowerPress users, please leave us a review.
- Blubrry adds regional reporting for Canada, UK, and Brazil to their statistics. Also included: new clients and categories such as “Intelligent Personal Assistants”.
- The Australian Broadcast Company (ABC) calls for submissions for it’s One Million Dollar Podcast fund.
- Coming up in December, come see us at Podcon. Todd and MacKenzie will be there, Dec. 9 – 10 in Seattle.
- True podcasting, as opposed to fake video podcasting. Audio that is converted into a video for YouTube and Facebook – without any actual movement – is not really a podcast.
- Publisher platform from Blubrry: Why you shouldn’t use it unless you have to.
Copyrighted music on a podcast. – Gilly in the UK emailed, asking if there was any way around copyright and playing licensed music on a podcast.
Short answer, there really isn’t a license that allows copyrighted music on a downloadable podcast. I’m sure the law is similar in the UK. Even though you are in the UK, U.S. law would also apply to downloadable media available in the U.S.
- Wav files are too big for podcasting.
- You don’t have to be “tech savvy” to podcast, but it helps. Spend a little bit of time to learn what you need to (we can help) and then you can do it on your own. Once it’s setup with PowerPress and Blubrry hosting, it is VERY easy. If you can make a blog post, you can publish a podcast. See our Getting Started video here.
- Stats Redirect: Part Two of setting up statistics. Simply signing up for statistics does not mean they start collecting right away. For a short video on how to implement the stats redirect (required for stats collection), See the video below.
To ask questions or to comment on the show, contact Todd and Mike here: email@example.com