Podcast Movement is this week, the importance of building YOUR show, the Blubrry Affiliate Program, Sound Devices’ MixPre-6, and migrating to Blubrry. Todd and Mike cover all these topics and more on today’s, Your Podcast.
- Podcast Movement – Starting on Wednesday, if you can make it, use the promo code BLUBRRY at checkout for a 10% discount. There are still tickets left, join us there!
- Blubrry’s Affiliate Program – What is it, how does it work, etc.
- Todd got a new toy (err. tool). It’s from Sound Devices, called a MixPre-6. Daniel J. Lewis, from the Audacity to Podcast, reviewed the Mixpre-6 and the Mixpre-3.
- Building your show in ways you might not have thought of:
- Blogging and shownotes – Write a blog post (shownotes) for each episode and write posts that are similar to your topic in-between episodes of your podcast. Doing so builds SEO for Google and other search engines. It also gives your listeners something form you on the off times.
- Get local – Offer to speak at groups in your area community about your topic. There are a lot of groups out there that need guest speakers. It’s way to get your name our there out in your community. It’s also a great way to get your name out there as a subject matter expert.
- TV and Radio in your area – Reach out to the local broadcasters. Offer to appear in their newscasts or shows to talk about your subject. It could lead to bigger media contacts in the national or international media on your topic.
- Writing – Consider writing a book or e-book. Being published in your field can be a great way to earn the title of subject matter expert.
- Keep listening – Lots more small tips in the episode.
- Migrating to Blubrry – PowerPress Sites (Free or Deluxe) is the easiest way. ‘Import Podcast’ and ‘Migrate Media’ will move your posts and content to Blubrry in a few easy steps.
- Stats at Blubrry – How they work. We explain the delay between when an episode is posted, and when it shows up in the stats dashboard.
- Email address changes – Why we have to do it for you. Just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to change your login email at Blubrry.com.
To ask questions or to comment on the show, contact Todd and Mike here: email@example.com. Note: This week might be a little slow on support. Most of our support team will be at Podcast Movement in California and will have limited access to email and phone.