Podcast directory Blubrry introduces podcast subscribe tools to bolster audience subscriptions among its podcast community. The new tools offered through its PowerPress podcasting plugin enable content creators using WordPress to easily provide options on their website that encourage listeners and viewers to subscribe.
“These tightly integrated tools alleviate the hassle of subscribing to a podcast,” explained Todd Cochrane, CEO of RawVoice, Blubrry’s parent company. “Up until today, subscribe options from podcast website to website were inconsistent or, in most cases, nonexistent. Our new subscribe tools standardize and streamline the process.”
“More and more often podcasts are discovered from a Google search on a mobile phone,” said Angelo Mandato, CIO of RawVoice. “Mobile Web traffic for podcast websites is at an all-time high. The new subscribe tools provide the means to convert those visitors into subscribers.”
The new podcasting subscribe tools include:
- A how-to-subscribe page with easy-to-follow, customizable instructions
- A Windows, MAC and iPhone/iPad one-click subscribe on iTunes option
- An Android one-click subscribe option
- An in-page subscribe embed that includes show artwork, mobile friendly subscribe buttons and an easy-to-copy feed input box
- Mobile friendly subscribe buttons within a WordPress sidebar widget
- Subscribe links below every website media player
- Support for iTunes affiliate links
- Retina-optimized icons for high resolution displays
The new subscription tools utilize responsive design, are mobile ready and can be displayed on any page.
“What we have done is create a unified podcast subscribe experience across tens of thousands of podcasters’ sites that use the PowerPress plugin,” Cochrane said. “We have implemented best practices learned over 10 years of podcasting to help podcasters build their core audiences across all media device platforms.”
The new subscribe tools are available exclusively in the Blubrry PowerPress podcasting plugin, available for free at WordPress.org. Blubrry PowerPress includes all the essential features for podcasting including iTunes complaint podcast feeds, Web players and much more.